Friday 10 May 2013

Why does it always rain on me/Tiny bubbles

It never rains but it pours! Left work early to have a meeting with our good friends at Thomson Reuters and they were so pleased to see me that they crossed my palm with a couple of Stella Bella's. It was only as I sipped my last mouthful that I advised that Sydney office would not need their system as their Compliance will be supported from HK and Edinburgh. I appreciate that I will be in front of Miss Marple Thornton when I return home, but I can assure him the liquid was purely medicinal and required to mitigate dehydration and was no way intended to be any form of inducement from their part.
Things got worse when I stumbled across the Opera Bar, post work, and having purchased a SB I relaxed by the water enjoying a sunset over/under the bridge. Guy next to me asked if I was enjoying view, I said loving it and then he enquired if I was a jock. Turns out they were a bunch of Investment Bankers out for their standard Friday libation and they had another posh jock, Bearsden, in their company. Friday night is Veuve Clicquot night mainly to impress the females, however as an honorary jock I was invited to join the Friday tradition. 5 glasses later feeling really guilty I bid my farewell. Anyway feeling a bit better now as I compose this over another Stella Bella purchased by my own scheckles, SPs favourite tipple. life can be a bitch.
Tiny bubbles in the wine, make me feel happy, make me feel fine!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment