Sunday 5 May 2013

Food for Thought/China Crisis II

Well I decided tonight is the night for trying traditional Chinese Fayre as tomorrow night may threaten the next leg of journey. First laughable issue was my request for a knife and fork as I didn't know how to use the chopsticks. Appeared to bring chortles from others in the packed restaurant. I am then presented with various appetisers, the image below. I have no idea what I am eating and what to do with the fiery chilli sauces, but make the mistake of saying I really like the dish on the right which is beans or roe and low and behold the waiter comes back with another portion to my horror. Now looking for some plants aka Mr Bean. Could be a very long night.The starter of crackling pig and plum sauce is divine and my only quandary is the various finger towels that the waiters bring. Am I meant to eat with my fingers? Having now had my chicken with ginger and pineapple I realise that when you ask for chicken over here you pretty much get the whole chicken and breast seems to be replaced by thigh, wing and foot which may be tastier but is a finger lickin' challenge.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment