Friday 10 May 2013

It's Bream a Hard Day's Pike

Got up at crack of cockatoos and decided a power walk around Sydney streets was in order. 60 minutes I hit the Sydney fish market which was cooler than cool. In amongst the landings and auctions of fresh fish, there is a culinary theme park of all that is fishy with live, dead, stuffed all displayed together. As it was brekkie time decided to throw myself into the moment and at 08.37 ordered myself grilled flounder and chips, pictured below.
Took me back to childhood days on Troon's South Beach when as nippers we used to spear flounders and if only fresh ginger, chilli, coriander and lemongrass had been invented my career could have taken a more culinary course. At first I did feel kinda guilty as Flounder is a key actor within Little Mermaid, however if I had ever managed a dream date with Ariel he would have been a pain in the arse, so with that in mind I devoured it with added pleasure.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment