Sunday 12 May 2013

Don't Dream it's Over

Probably one of the biggest musical influences on my life was Crowded House who I saw on 14 occasions. The one gig I never got to was their farewell concert on the steps of the Sydney Opera House in 1996 in front of 250,000 people. Bizarrely my new boss PW was there and also created an incident that could only be described as 'Fall at Your Feet'. I always vowed that if I was ever fortunate enough to visit Sydney. I would disappear into my 'Private Universe' and listen to the whole of the concert at the House with a bottle of wine. People will never understand what this would 'Mean to Me' but it was 'Something so Strong' that I had to do it and I did. a tear may have fallen at end, but at least I leave a part of me in this great city. 'Its Only Natural' that such a fan experiences this transcendental moment. While I listened and watched a 'Distant Sun' set, I was 'Together Alone' with the boys. Anyway I know that there are loved ones who say that I 'Better Be Home Soon', so I downed my last sip, tipped my cap to the Finn brothers but will make sure that I 'Dont Dream it's Over'.

Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment