Thursday 2 May 2013

Ariel's Undersea Castle

Well to quote David Coverdale, Here I Go Again. Another commute East but this time I will not get off at EDB but will end up in Sydney via Hong Kong. The distance direct from Glasgow is 10515 miles and the journey quite clearly will involve the consumption of a cocktail of drugs to get me there in one piece. By the time I reach Sydney I will be rattling and hopefully have lost half a stone. Already my Asian colleagues have set up a myriad of meetings with many financial wizards who will probably stare blankly at the daft laddie with his daft laddie questions in a language they are unlikely to comprehend. But as always I am hoping a few boxes of the obligatory Scottish shortbread will be viewed as a kind peace offering. Unfortunately I will miss my colleague Tracy's wonderful wedding, but there will be enough reprobates there to make up for my drink allocation. Anyway the shorts and white hankie are packed; so belt up, sit back and enjoy another episode of Risk & Compliance's very own Mr Bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment